ADD YOUR EVENT to our Community Calendar today!
THE COMMUNITY CALENDAR IS CURRENTLY DOWN – CHECK BACK LATER
• The Vermillion Municipal Pool Committee has announced open house dates, times and locations for viewing plans for the proposed new municipal swimming pool in historic Prentis Park. Vermillion Municipal Pool Committee members will be on-site to answer questions about the proposed municipal swimming pool plans. Click here for a list of open houses.
• Are you a job seeker looking for employment? The Department of Labor and Regulation has an important announcement about Job Services. Department of Labor & Regulation workforce experts can help job seekers with a variety of services ranging from career exploration to application, resume and cover letter assistance, to mock interviews and workforce training opportunities. Stop in at your local Department of Labor & Regulation office and visit with an employment representative today. For a list of local office locations, visit sdjobs.org.
• The City of Vermillion is seeking interested citizens for one opening on the Vermillion Planning Commission. The appointment will fill the remainder of a five-year term that expires in June 2017. Interested Vermillion citizens can complete and submit a City board expression of interest form. Forms must be returned to City Hall, 25 Center Street, by 12 p.m. on October 15, 2014. The appointment will be made at the October 20, 2014 City Council meeting. Please call (605) 677-7050 with any questions.
• The Yankton Parks and Recreation Department is now accepting registrations for Men's Basketball League. Deadline for team registrations, rosters, and fees is Friday, November 7, 2014. League play is scheduled to begin the first week of December. Team registration forms and rules are available at the Summit Activities Center at 1801 Summit Street or on the City of Yankton website. For further information, call (605) 668-5234. Remember to follow the Yankton Parks and Recreation Department on Facebook.
• The Vermillion Backpack Program helps hungry kids. You can help with contributions of time or money. Learn more.
• OSHA reminds workers and employers of the need for common sense and care when it comes to safety. Get information on how to report unsafe workplaces. Call the OSHA hotline at (800) 321-6742.
• Traveling but concerned about road conditions? Use this link to get information or call 511 (in South Dakota).
• Want to help others as a volunteer? This one-stop spot from United Way of Vermillion can help you find opportunities.
• The Heartland Human Society offers affordable pets. View the available animals or stop by the shelter on East Highway 50 in Yankton.
• 211 is an information and crisis helpline that provides resource information on non-profit, social service, and government programs, along with providing crisis intervention services. It is available anytime, day or night, from anywhere in Yankton or Bon Homme counties. More information available at helplinecenter.org.
Monday, September 29 – Friday, October 31
Sandi Parish – water color exhibit “Horses” and “Children”; Bede Art Gallery; Marian Auditorium; Mount Marty College; Yankton. Bede Art Gallery hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. A free reception and gallery talk is scheduled for October 31 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., it is open to the public.